Earth's 'sister planet'
- First Record:
- 17th Century BC
- Discovered by:
- Babylonian astronomers
- 12,104 km
- 4.87 x 10^24 kg (81.5% Earth)
- Surface Temp:
- A year on Venus takes 225 Earth days
- Venus is nearly as big as the Earth with a diameter of 12,104 km
- A day on the surface of Venus (solar day) would appear to take 117 Earth days
- The surface temperature on Venus can reach 471°C.
Did you know?
The surface of the planet is obscured by an opaque layer of clouds made up of sulphuric acid.