The smallest planet in the Solar System
- First Record:
- 14th Century BC
- Discovered by:
- 4,879 km
- 3.30 x 10^23 kg (5.5% Earth)
- Surface Temp:
- -173 to 427°C
- Mercury does not have any moons or rings
- Your weight on Mercury would be 38% of your weight on Earth
- A day on the surface of Mercury lasts 176 Earth days
- A year on Mercury takes 88 Earth days
- Mercury has a diameter of 4,879 km, making it the smallest planet
- It’s not known who discovered Mercury.
Did you know?
Due to its proximity to the Sun, Mercury is only visible to us 13 times every century. The event is called a transit.